Monday, March 01, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch- Changing


Round Up the Usual Suspects:
Alansueton: Elizaveta e-mailed me "What did you do to kill
the Bookshelf?"

The Final Night on BookShelf:
Apple4212: ok
Apple4212: ok
BinxB91: Apple is a bot?
Apple4212: o cool
Apple4212: hey whats up
Apple4212: ok
BinxB91: Apple, will you be my Valentine?
Apple4212: ya
BinxB91: really?
Apple4212: yeah my aols all messed up just talk to me
on my aim screen name its sexibellazz
i hate aol sometimes just im me on sexibellazz
BinxB91: what are you wearing?
Apple4212: i hate aol sometimes just im me on sexibellazz


The Next to Final Night on Bookshelf:
BinxB91: hello Deli
BinxB91: Why BookShelf
Delilah1199: Authors Lounge was full

Overheard in DoomGrl's Bedroom:
DoomGrl: why are you almost upside down?

Among the Record Albums:
DoomGrl: I slept in the closet last nite


Eastern European Mysteries:
KissMyAsterix: he's uh, who's the antagonist in the story
Snegurochka Doll: no author is the folk storeys
KissMyAsterix: is there a troll or a witch
KissMyAsterix: no antagonist, the bad guy/girl
Snegurochka Doll: Snegurochka and Vasilisa is folk storeys

"yes there's one in there":
Snegurochka Doll: yes Vasilisa has the bad step mother
Alansueton: KMA witch yeah there's one in here
KissMyAsterix: there you go, alan is the wicked step mother
KissMyAsterix: perfect baba yaga
Snegurochka Doll: Alan is he Baba Yaga
Snegurochka Doll: on the chicken legs


Pat Benatar turning 50:
Melodramamama22: i need a lover that won't hog my remote

Loosers:
Melodramamama22: it's amusing to be psychoanalyzed cause i'm
picky about boyfriends and happy living alone
Melodramamama22: if the alternative is to be loose and miserable
on my own, i'll take the abnormality
Hadachoke: i could be loose and happy


Amber Confessions:
AmberDevilRay8: I was a secretary once. I practically ran the company.
AmberDevilRay8: ...into the ground. =(


BookSlut and Friends:
erstwhile mots: From James Scott's "Seeing Like a State."
erstwhile mots: I'm reading it for class.
NotRed1537: Of course you are
erstwhile mots: Earlier I was reading about social banditry in
pre-capitalist, pre-industrialist (mostly) Italian rural villages.
Billw0314: Ohhhhhhh. Good for you.
NotRed1537: I was reading about Levinasian hermeneutics and their
relationship to Sugar Smacks

Dubious Talents:
Lukas5090: I can burp the alphabet

Manly Skaters:
Unclgar: I think I will root for any male ice skater who doesn't
look like he used elton john's tailor

Reunion:
HelenaHandbagg: whores!!
HelenaHandbagg: vadge!
HelenaHandbagg: harlot!
KissMyAsterix: wow, they released you, I thought surely the kids had
you locked up in solitary somewehre

What Onion Thinks:
PatientOnionSF: i am making kimchee, i think i bought
a daikon radish


DoomGrl Jerks Tears:
DoomGrl: he was a wonderful psychiatrist
DoomGrl: one time he cried when I was telling him some things
that happened. I mean kind of he did. i could see tears well up
in his eyes
DoomGrl: he even gave me his cell phone number


Pro-Life:
DoomGrl: dont eat veal!!!!! its made out of babies

Waiting For the Other Shoe:
Alansueton: clear skin saved my life


Amy Tan Jinx Binx:
DoomGrl: amy tan is in a rock band
Cognomen98: the Rock Bottom Remainders
BinxB91: The Rock Bottom Remainders
BinxB91: JINX
DoomGrl: binx went jinx
DoomGrl: you have to buy him dinner now


DoomGrl and the Cock and Balls Set:
Alansueton: I am in a Rock band "The Clitoral Hoods"
DoomGrl: ugh
Alansueton: what it's catchy
Alansueton: and sexy
DoomGrl: it will appeal to the cock and balls set, Im sure
Alansueton: Doom nah men have clit envy
DoomGrl: i know
Alansueton: they also resent how elusive the clit seems to be
though it doesn't move makes men feel stupid


Syntax Error:
TufrThanu: bronx are you seriously doing brady trivia?
Whoson1st: how many bradys could drive by the last episode ?
NotRed1537: they had drive-bys?


"Google is going to beg me":
DoomGrl: whats 650 time 1.75
PatientOnionSF: 1137.50
Niontron9: 975
Niontron9: plus 12.25
PatientOnionSF: 1.75 x 650 = 1137.50
PatientOnionSF: rono can't even multiply
PatientOnionSF: that's why google wouldn't hire you
Niontron9: google would love to have me
Niontron9: some day google is going to beg me to work for them

Southern Education Products:
DoomGrl: there is a girl at work who isnt good at arithmetic,
I have to help her
DoomGrl: her name is Dixie

Rono on the Cutting Edge:
DoomGrl: there is a long article in the new New York Review of
Books about how soon there wont hardly be any bookstores. A book
will be printed out for you if you need one, otherwise just
on line
Alansueton: Doom true
DoomGrl: they have machines already that will make a book for you
if you need one, from the down loaded text
Alansueton: buying books will either be a boutique thing or made
by demand in cheap binding
Kan wa ma kan: They are saying it is a disservice to the writing
world, and that the new ebook trend will eliminate publishing as
we know it
Kan wa ma kan: That new authors would be discouraged
Niontron9: this chat is so 1991
Niontron9: everyone knows that
Niontron9: you two geniuses
Niontron9: should focus your energy on something else
Alansueton: "focus energy" haha powerplant tropes
Niontron9: I fear music cds might becomes obsolete too so I am
buying as many cds as possible
Kan wa ma kan: Nion, I would miss the feel of a book in my hand,
the physical presence and sturdy tradition, ebooks seem ephmeral
Niontron9: I did the same thing with audio tapes
DoomGrl: yes, they say all music will be available from
"the cloud' in a few years. no physical discs any more
Niontron9: history is always rewritten
Kan wa ma kan: Nion, revisionist history has always been halted
by the evidence of hard truths
Niontron9: so for last few months i've been buying all the good
cds from classics to country to rock
Niontron9: cds and computers will
Niontron9: eradicate books

["Can I turn on the light?" he asked suddenly.
"No," said Portia.
"I want to see you."
She shook her head and pushed the shirt up over his head. Then,
realizing that he couldn't see that she had shaken her head, she
said, "I don't want to."
"What?" He stopped everything. His hands on her back, his mouth
at her throat. "Do you want me to stop?"
"No." She smiled. "Don't stop. Just ... I don't want to turn the
light on."
"But you're beautiful," he said, not understanding.
That's beside the point, she nearly said. Instead, she kissed him.
Already, she loved kissing him. She loved the roughness of his
lips and then the dark softness inside his mouth. She loved the
way his tongue knew how, to glide against her own tongue. She
loved the language, first faltering, then fluent, their mouths
had devised and how they were congratulating each other for their
cleverness. She tried to remember if she had ever been so deeply
kissed. She couldn't, suddenly, remember if she had been kissed
at all.
"Let me," he said, somewhat indistinctly, as if she were preventing
him. She nearly tore off her sweater, she was so impatient. Every
part of her seemed to be caterwauling, selfish, whining. She felt
crude and pushy. She wanted to make him do what she wanted, and
he knew exactly what that was, only he wasn't doing it fast enough,
and that was maddening. She found his head at her abdomen: not
high enough, not low enough. His cheek turned against her skin as
if the universe attended his wishes. She moved against him,
thinking, come on.
From outside, the night-splitting noise of a motorcycle, out of
nowhere, heading off somewhere. It was a rude noise, like
something guttural and enraged. It stopped them both. "Born
to be wild," said John. She understood that he was smiling.
She tugged at his shirt.
"We don't have to rush," said John.
But we do, she thought, actually disliking him for an
instant.
The bed seemed to tip in the darkness. It felt contrived,
controlled, as on a fun-house ride. She nearly rolled away
from him and had to pull herself back, hauling heer own
weight against his length. Why was he so contained? Wasn't
he the one with the long-ago crush? Wasn't lust cumulative?
She had the briefest instinct to slap him, but then she felt
his hands between her legs and she forgot what she was so
angry about.]



Tea Time:
Tom Brite: everyday glenn beck makes more sense

Holding His Own:
Tom Brite: ive been comparing my penis to penis pictures on
google and holding my own


The Top Forte:
ThralledByTree: creative writing is my worst forte

Rono Does Not Suffer Fools:
Niontron9: I have always noticed humans only know how to say
bad things about others...they feel it takes them to a upper
position
Tj34: how so, nion?
Niontron9: higher**
Niontron9: what do you mean "how so"
Niontron9: I say what I see
Niontron9: and look around you might see it too


Studying and Hoping:
Niontron9: I plan to move to switzerland or france...so i am
learning french
Niontron9: I hope they speak french in switzerland

Another Reason Wny BookShelf Must Go On:
Niontron9: I am planning a long trip...first grand canyon..then
california and then vegas...and then what happens in vegas
Niontron9: will be all over the inter
Niontron9: net

The DoomGrl Diet:
DoomGrl: my tummy is making woodchucka sounds

Midnight Mass:
Niontron9: you idiot, potential energy is not mass

Failed Arsonist:
PatientOnionSF: my kitchen is not filled with smoke yet, i must
be doing something wrong

IMPatient Onion:
PatientOnionSF: binky is a wife and a mother of three teen
children, she has her hands full
PatientOnionSF: empress*
PatientOnionSF: binky is a broken doon book scanner for B&N
PatientOnionSF: down*

Fill-in-the-Blank Trivia:
secondtime22557: SS433 was the first ____-______ to be discovered
BinxB91: German Comedian

Pun of the Month:
NotRed1537: "Belize, sir, I want Samoa."
--Oliver Twist in geography class

BookSlut Fresh From Trivial Pursuit:
BinxB91: I am reading Admission by Jean Hanff Koelitz
erstwhile mots: of course you are Binx

What About Breakfest at Tiffany's:
EmpressZ21: i have an admission. if i thumb through a book and the
characters have stupid names, i dont buy it

2 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

Howdy. I miss everyone so I just downloaded AOL to my newer computer. How's the shelf?

3/09/2010 9:15 AM  
Blogger Beysshoes said...

Candycane, We miss you terribly in unos. Many pipples go on and on about how much you're missed. Mr Tried, however, doesn't publish these heartfelt comments. Come back to us chica xox Bey

3/20/2010 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home